Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gardening Update


Well, I can't figure out how to right this picture on the ancient lap top I'm working on while the Prof is grading AP exams in FL. He called last night and said the just looked up and noticed the Space Shuttle coming in for a landing. Poor guy. Today I left the house with 4 at 8:45 and didn't get home until 4 pm. That is when the real work begins, as most Mom's know. Dinner, shopping, and 3 play dates were ahead of me. I completely forgot to take Buck and Half Buck to the new night for youth group. Of course, I'm sitting here trying not to beat myself with Mom failures! I did remember the dentist, lunch with a friend, and helped with Field Day at school, made dinner and grocery shopped. Why oh why then do we get mad at ourselves over sideways pictures, forgotten activities, and abysmal vegetable gardens? There finally back on topic. If you bend your left ear to your left shoulder you get a great view of Cent's and my gardening adventure. Can you see the little bit of green left hanging off the white twine? Or if you didn't do the neck bend, it is to the right of the white twine. That is all that is left of the 5 tomato plants. Cents and I watered it practically faithfully. Every other day another plant was just missing out there. Until there were none. So....I'm done until next spring. I will just stick with my perennials. Darn, the Prof left me two patches of grass seed to water in the front yard. We occasionally feel the need to grow grass, while the grubs regularly eat it, and the the weeds rapidly fill in the bald spots. Forget it, I'm not snapping a picture of all my failures.

2 comments:

  1. About the tomatoes, I'm thinking I need to come over there and help you build a fence. OR find the biggest pots you can at a garage sale for 25 cents. We've planted quite a few tomatoes in pots over here and they do well. Stake 'em.

    I have three tomato plants leftover from the ones I bought, no more room to plant. I will look for a pot at a garage sale today and bring the plants to you.

    As for the mom awards. When I first began my blog, I missed a Dr. appt. for myself, a dentist appointment for my daughter and I don't know what else, because I was stuck to my computer. (Hub would not be happy if he knew this) I have a bit of balance now, but now much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Babe! Sorry to hear about the tomatoes. Just remember to keep up with that grass watering. See you soon.

    xxx ooo
    Prof

    ReplyDelete