Monday, June 8, 2009

Gardening Take Two

Yep, this is what I was waiting for: someone to take my hand and gently lead me into gardening. My neighbor, friend, and fellow blogger Heidi is one of those organic people: works on the community farm, buys her eggs and goat milk from the local homeschool families. I only type this with a little tongue in cheek. I used to be a homeschool Mom, back when our family was a reasonable size. It is amazing what we will do for our kids whether it is homeschool, buy goat milk for those sensative systems or wring every penny out of a deal so we can stay home with them. I've been humbled enough as a Mom to not knock anyone else too hard. I always meant to get around to eating healthier and even gardening. But I'm new to this and needing some help. We used to talk homeschool together, now we talk blogging, and if I can keep my black thums hidden from her, we may have gardening in common. You can find Heidi's blog at 2 Thinks to Share.




So anyway, Heidi offered me some help and new tomatoes that she didn't have room for in her garden. But while she was off blogging, her hubby planted the last of them. So she walked on over with - I'm not kidding you - a garden in a hanging basket complete with 3 herbs, a flower for color and a cherry tomato plant hanging out of the bottom. She has a link about where she got the idea and instructions. I'm pretty sure that the bunnies/squirrels/chipmunks/baby Mite can't get at these. So IF I remember to water, I may meet up with some success! After all, I even got the picture hanging the right way along with the plants : )

No comments:

Post a Comment