Monday, May 25, 2009

Tuesday's Table 5/25/09

The Prof wanted to come with me couponing this week....with 3 young kids....good thing it was a small week of shopping. The Prof and I checked out seperately so we could go past the limit. And we used Register Rewards (10 on one and 13 on the other) to keep our out of pocket lower. So our total for this trip was: 1.56 around 7 - don't know what the Prof did with that reciept). We didn't buy anything that triggered more Register Rewards this week, I don't know if I will regret that in a week or two, I'll let you know.Here is what I did at Walgreens:

8 200 count packs of Kleenex on BOGO
1 2GB SD card on sale for $10
6 Chicken of the Sea Tuna
2 Banana Boat 8oz on BOGO



Well I'm pretty well stocked up over here. After the Ragu sale last week, I picked up some frozen spinich and put together 4 Baked Ziti recipes (yeah, one is baking while I blog). Then I used my free salad dressing to make Cranberry Chicken. This week I wanted to just go in for a few great deals and things we needed. I'm learning to menu plan for a month. Basically I'm making a big list of what I can make from my stash. On the far right side I list anything I still need to make the meal. If it comes on sale, we buy it. If the item doesn't, I might try delaying that menu item a week or so to see if it does come on sale, or it is off to Aldi for that.
This week I was kinda hoping to keep it kinda small and little out of pocket. It was still a fun trip, especially with The Prof watching Two Bits, Cents, and Mite : ) I love when the hubby gets a taste of Mom reality. I found out he defines behaving in the store completely differently than I do. Currently, my goal is to have Cents not have a potty accident and stay in the same aisle as me. So here is what I did:

5 1/2 pound Whole Porkloin for 1.59/lb
2 pkg of Soft Pretzel at half price
3 Milk
3 Chi Chi salsas
1 Triscuit
5 Meijer salsa (clearance at .35, I couldn't resist)
7 nectarines .99 per pound
I Can't Believe its Not Butter Sticks 1.34
1 Crystal Light


Then to pay I used coupons that printed out at prior trips worth $12. And I got a new one for a free Meijer sugar with a purchase of 20 kool-aid envelopes. My total out of pocket was $8.69, my savings was $52.28. I was telling a friend about Savings Angel and how it was helping us with the grocery bill and just felt empowering today. If you want to learn more: Click HERE to cut your grocery bill in HALF! 30 days FREE!">here. I promised to get her some of the recipes I use for freezer cooking so I will have to do that soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment