Friday, May 22, 2009

Free Museums and Free Bowling


Summer is coming! Isn't this our official kick off, cook out, parade watch, first sunburn, corn on the cob, watermelon taste of it? And after this weekend, I know I will be thinking: now what. I'm starting my summer planning now, with you on this blog. If you have affordable and fun ways to entertain the kiddos this summer....let me know. This summer I'm facing the challenge of entertaining Buck at 14 to Mite 1 and a half. My biggest challenge is that The Prof will be very busy with 2 summer school classes to teach, AP tests to grade, and jury duty. So, I have basically lost my very able and willing day time summer assistant. Not to worry, I have recruited him for evening and weekend assistance. And we have some fun time together planned as well.

Here are a couple things I've found so far:

Target is working with over 40 museums to provide free days. Click here for a list of locations and dates. While there aren't any listed near where we live, perhaps there are some where you live or where you are traveling. We enjoyed a free week of museums in Chicago a few years ago by making use of free museum days.
Thanks to Money Saving Mom


Another new find for me has been a free bowling program called Kids Bowl Free. Click here for a link to there site. It is free to join and your only cost when you bowl with these coupons is for the shoe rental. They also have a pass you can purchase for parents, but these are limited. I found this a couple of months ago, so I'm not quite sure where, but I think the thanks goes againg to Money Saving Mom.

I will keep you posted as I find them.

1 comment:

  1. Where do you come up with this stuff? Amazing. Enjoy the fam this weekend. See you around.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete