Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Naming Names


I don't mean to name names...but I get to name my blog! This feels like naming a baby. How will I like this name in 10 years. Okay maybe not that long. Is there a book to consult? Maybe I should yell it from the front stoop a couple times to try it out. This is how we discovered that Titus really wasn't a good name for our 4th boy. The cultural mandate of unique obviously stands. It took a couple tries for a URL that wasn't taken already. So now I feel I've made a unique choice. It is a start - no, it's my start.


So as long as we were talking about names. My hubby thought I ought to use nicknames here if I talk about our kids. Sure don't want this blog to be what haunts them when they go out job hunting. You will likely be reading about Buck, Halfbuck, 2Bits, Cents, and Mite around here. Please don't read into the values here and have a RikkiTikkiTemboNoSaremboCheriBeriRuchiPipPerriPembo fit. They are all priceless to us, except on the days we want to sell them. The nicknames begin from my madien name. And you know how it is once you start a pattern. It is why some of us have kids named aftet towns in Texas, or Bible folk, or all starting with the letter Z. The compulsion to finish a pattern led to seven Marys in my family! I figure my kids are getting off easy.



3 comments:

  1. I like it already!!!! Great start!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a fun blog to follow! Good for you Bets. I am wondering though- I spend all my time now thinking about my blog- I don't try to do it, I just can't stop thinking about it. Had this been around when my children were young, I think they would have had to raise themselves! Good luck and see ya around the neighborhood. Be my follower- I'll be yours :) yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah and congrats! Keep it up. -Sondra

    ReplyDelete