Saturday, August 29, 2009

Potatoes Again

This is not how I planned to spend my Saturday. We have been cleaning out our basement this summer and planning to switch some rooms around. Today was to be cleaning and moving day. It is our last weekend before The Prof begins teaching again and we have just one more week with the boys (scratch that, Cents is off to school this fall too)at home. So time to get those rooms cleaned out and rearrange some bedrooms around here.

Instead, I'm currently boiling 9 1/2 pounds of potatoes. The Prof picked me up the 10# bag at the store last week (be specific for those hubbies ladies!). And now my pantry smells bad. Real Bad. So I pitched about half a pound and the rest are boiling away on the stove top. You really ought to see my info about how to do this without peeling here. It is going to save me a military amount of peeling today.

So I will be busy finding things to do with all those potatoes today. Soup and salad come to mind. Any other ideas, please share, and fast!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. I'd go for soup, like you said already. We can't even eat potatoes on our lower your cholesterol in six months or less diet. Haven't had them in about 3 months! Weird.

    ReplyDelete