Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday's Table 8/4/09

Wow, I am exhausted. This saving money thing is work and I'm still recovering from road trip for a family reunion. I went to two stores today. The first was Aldi's. They don't always have dollar deals, but they did this week. Unfortunately, the produce isn't always choice there. So I passed on the strawberries past their prime and the tiniest cantaloupe ever seen and cleaned up on the milk and other items I needed. For all the food below it only cost me $34.67.


Then it was off to Meijer for the backpacks and Kellogg's items along with just a few other things to feed my crew. I did this in three transactions at the self check out that looked like this:


For a total of $14.90 I got all this. I was pretty happy as that was the original cost of the back pack pictured. Each box has $5 worth of coupons inside. I also got a printout for $1 off my next purchase for my next order. Then I checked out with this order:

:
This total was for $9.81, which was again, less than the cost of the backpack. I received another $1 off my next purchase for buying 2 natural Skippy. Then I did one more checkout with this:


I did the backpack deal one more time with the Keebler cookies or the Cheezits counting toward it. The Suave deal was if you bought 3 products you got a free shampoo or conditioner. I'm all stocked up now on lotion and the boys can have a manly shampoo (can you imagine your Mom buying that for the boys way back when?) I used my $1 off coupons from the Natural Skippy at checkout this time so I won't loose or forget them. My total was $24.73. So my total for the week is $84.11. I may start tracking my grocery tabs for the month and see how I'm doing overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment