Sunday, August 23, 2009

How Fun is That II

If you have been visiting me for awhile here you will know that I made a sad and brief attempt this spring at gardening. My neighbor, friend and fellow blogger Heidi (2 Thinks To Share) rescued me with a topsy turvy tomato plant of her own making. She just put it in a hanging basket drain hole and then put a flower and basil in the top. We have had 3 cherry tomatoes from it and are anticipating 3 more. Pretty exciting stuff over here. But we have loved the basil with tomatoes and mozzerella cheese a few times.

Yesterday Cents was in the yard and told us she had found some blueberries. I went to check it out, thinking some weed had gotten out of hand and sure enough, there were the pokeberries growing where once I dreamed of big fat tomatoes. In my sulk and neglect afterward, the whole area has gone to weeds (well all this couponing and blogging does take some time you know). So The Prof and I pull it out and then he notices a plant with what looks like Tomatoes! Tomatoes, I wish, show me. Well there they are, with some fruit coming on and everything. It has been raining off and on all week and this plant looks like we may eat from it! Who knew. I neglected it all summer long. I wonder what it will do now that I plan on watering it and have thinned the weeds. Heidi, don't laugh to hard at me, I plugged you blog again : )

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. Don't overwater it, with all the water we've had, the ground is kinda wet and with the cool air, it won't need it. Too much water will not be good for it, I don't think.

    Thanks for the shout out and I'm so glad you are getting some tomatoes off the inverted plant. I decided those inverts don't have big enough pots- not enough dirt, so mine are getting rootbound and not producing anywhere near the ones in the ground. Next time, bigger pots.

    ReplyDelete