Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cheap Lunch Meat


Family Fare is running a sale on Michigan's Favorite Quincy Street Whole Medallion Boneless Ham for $1.29 a pound. I take this on over to the butcher and ask him to shave it all for sandwiches. Then I take it home and divide it into about a pound piles, wrap in wax paper and put in zip lock bags in the freezer.
Get all the air you can out of the freezer bags. Last time they had a sale I ended up with 8 bags of 1 pound wonderful ham for sandwiches for about $8! When I thaw a bag I squeeze out the excess water. My kids love this now. Now I would love to know what this saves you over what you used to pay for lunch meat : )



Oh, also on sale at Family Fare onr Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are 99 cent cantaloupe and Boneless Half Pork Loin for $1.49 a pound.

1 comment:

  1. Girl. You are on a roll! Goodness savings madness.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete