Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Financial Peace

I was chatting with my neighbor Kate. We carpool together. Well she isn't exactly my neighbor, she lives 2 blocks down. All my neighbors chose to go to another school in town so they could get free busing. That makes me a little mad in a 1.3 million cut year. I could show them how to trim some fat! But I have to carpool with a small family since we fill up our minivan pretty well on our own. And she has one boy. Okay, that had nothing to do with Financial Peace.

When I talked to Kate about coupons, she echoed my feelings before I could express them: energized, empowered, excited, making a difference. And she echoed the feeling that others thought she was a little crazy. The only thing is, Kate doesn't coupon - she is living debt free, or toward that end. She expressed the same feelings as I have only relating to Dave Ramsey's teaching into action. Wow. I have hemmed and hawed about taking the class for about 4 years now. But no longer, we are enrolled and went to our first class last night. The homework this week is a bare bones budget and reading some chapters. His speaking was good and motivational and it seems we are in a diverse group, including a 17 year old (wouldn't you like to go back to 17 and remake a few financial decisions!). Oh, and save $1,000 emergency fund Quickly (so we can stop charging those emergency car repairs, Christmas shopping, etc.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Betz...I have been looking for an envelope book...any ideas? I want them all in one place, neat and tidy. Someone has to make an envelope book?!?! Thanks Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, Dave Ramsey does, it came with our stuff for class. They are on a little ring binder and there is a plastic zip envelop inside as well (for change I think). It came with several other loose envelopes for your hubby too. Check that site and see if you can order it.

    ReplyDelete