Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Banana Stretching

I love this Banana Muffin recipe from Sister Mary 4. Actually I think it is originally from Sister Mary 2, but I got it from Sister Mary 4 and now tease Sister Mary 2 by crediting the wrong sister. See what fun you are missing if you are in a small family? Anyway, I try to stock up on bananas when they are on sale and found them this week at .10 a pound due to their getting to ripe. So I took a lot home, but had no time to bake and freeze. I have frozen bananas in their skins and just opened them up as mush over the mixing bowls. But I like this way better. I just dice them up and freeze on a cookie sheet, then move to bags. Basically I made sure I had 9 bananas on a tray and divided it into 3 bags so I'm all set for the recipe when I thaw.



And the recipe is:

Banana Muffins:

3 mashed bananas
1/2 C Mayo
1/2 C. Semisweet chips
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix all ingrediants and then add the chips and nuts. Spray muffin pan and fill 3/4 full. Makes 12 muffins. 375 for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Bets, can you understand what Pedro said there? I can't, but I think the first word is Alert! so of course I am curious.

    This banana saving idea is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2Thinks,
    I have no idea what Pedro is saying. But I do know from my boys movie watching that I am to vote for Pedro. Translation for us anyone?

    ReplyDelete